Airsweb chose Halton Haven for Charity of the Year
April 20, 2018
This year the Airsweb team have pulled together and chosen a local charity to support as their Charity of The Year Halton Haven Hospice. Based in Runcorn, Halton Haven Hospice provides palliative care through a range of services to individuals whilst also supporting their families in these challenging times.
It costs £2.5million a year to run of which the Halton Team must raise £1.25 million themselves – every donation makes a huge difference.
The Airsweb team have started to plot and plan a year’s fundraising activities to support this amazing service including:
- Totally unhealthy tuck shop – it’s all for a good cause and original stock purchased by the Company – so a great way to raise money and keep the energy levels up!
- Grand National Sweepstake – well done to the National Winner helping us raise £100.
- St George’s Day Quiz – teams battling it out to win the St George flag.
- Office Olympics & BBQ in the Summer
- The return of the Airsweb Football Cup – we encourage clients to join in a competitive game of football and provide them with a light lunch after. Great fun and amazing to see the competitive nature of the teams. Now in planning stages.
- The Santa Dash in December and a host of personal and team activities in between.
But some of the Airsweb team look for something a little more challenging to support the Charity of the Year and in the past, have completed the Three Peaks and last year, Tough Mudder events. So, watch this space!
Chris Andrews, Community Fundraising Manager at Halton Haven comments: “We are incredibly grateful to all the Airsweb team who so kindly chose Halton Haven to be their Charity of the Year for 2018! They have raised a great deal for their charities in the past and, as we are hugely reliant on the support of local people and organisations, we are delighted that they will be doing it in aid of the Haven this year. It’s shaping up to be an exciting year!”
If you want to support us supporting Haven Hospice just donate via our JustGiving Page. Huge thank you to all that can.
More about Halton Haven Hospice
Halton Haven Hospice aims to relieve the sickness, suffering and distress of people resulting in particular from cancer & other terminal illnesses. They provide day and residential care 24 hours a day, 365 day of the year. Services and support include complementary therapy, family support team, care planning team, day care, in patients unit and outpatient clinic. They even have a Mens Shed’s Project which Halton Haven was the first hospice in the country to have.