Purpose / Summary
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalise projects according to agreed deadlines and budgets.
This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and where necessary acquiring appropriate resources in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager instils control throughout the project life cycle.
Major Responsibilities / Tasks
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Plan, execute and deliver projects and large changes
- Creation and Maintenance of Project Plans
- Provide reports and management information where appropriate; report on progress
- Be responsible for communication planning; manage stakeholders; delivery schedules and resource planning
- Client facing communication, planning and coordination
- Ensure sign-off at the end of each management stage in line with PRINCE 2 methodology
- Have the ability to make decisions regarding the day to day running of the project and resources
- Provide evidence and exception plans when making recommendations to the board
- Manage all phases of the project delivery lifecycle, from initiation, to transition to BAU
- Ability to run effective workshops to elicit requirements from external stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Strong understanding of software implementation lifecycle preferable
- Ability to successfully run more than 1 large project in parallel
- Ability to successfully run projects for different product versions (New and existing clients)
- Experience of agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills - ability to create and maintain long lasting client relationships
- A proactive approach and the ability to take initiative, make decisions and deliver results
- A confident communicator, facilitator, influencer and problem solver
- Ability to motivate the team, and remain self-motivated when challenged
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise time effectively
- Able to work calmly in a pressured environment
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as on your own.
- Partake in other activities if required, this could include facilitating client training, and onboarding.
Flexible working hours between 08.00-18.00, with core meeting hours 09.00-17.30.
Minimum Required Experience
5+ years in a Project Management role
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus preferred
Internal – Programme Manager, Project Managers, Development Manager, Product Management, Implementation consultant, Business Development and Account Managers
External –Stakeholders, Project Managers, IT Experts and Subject Matter Experts
Expect occasional out of hours working required to meet project deadlines
Located at the Rainhill office, global travel will be required.
Airsweb is filled with fun and dedicated people throughout the business. We've grown organically into one of the top 20 EHS software providers in the world. And that is just the start.